Test Your Beer IQ
Think you know a lot about beer? From countries of origin to fermentation there’s plenty to know about beer. Take our test and find out.
- What is the oldest, continually operating brewery in the world?
B) Smithwick Brewery
D) Hubertus Brewery
- Which country is not commonly associated with beer production?
- Fermentation in beer is caused by yeast consuming:
B) Carbon dioxide
C) Wheat husks
- Beer is the world’s third more most popular drink behind:
- Lagers are always fermented:
A) In wooden casks
B) With bottom or cold-fermenting yeast that sinks to the bottom during the fermentation process.
C) With top-fermenting yeast that rises to the top of the brew during fermentation.
D) Using the largest tanks in the brewery
- Wort is:
A) The volume of beer in a glass
B) The sludgy sediment left after fermentation
C) The aroma of beer
D) The beer before it’s fermented
- Water is a key ingredient in beer and makes for what percentage of the beverage:
- What does IPL stand for?
A) Imperial Pale Lager
B) Italian Pale Lager
C) India Pale Lager
D) International Pale Lager
- Which country consumes the most beer per capita?
B) Czech Republic
- Which of the following is most likely to affect the freshness of bottled beer?
A) Fluorescent light
B) Storing at higher room temperatures
C) Carrying it around in the trunk of your car
D) All of the above